GENERAL DATA PRIVACY REGULATIONS – MAY 2018
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Stoves Burning Wood is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy explains what information we collect and how we use the personal information you supply to us.
In using our website, any of our services or providing us with any personal information we will assume you are agreeing to your information being used and disclosed in the ways described in this policy.
- Who are we?
Stoves Burning Wood is a division of Greenflame Installations Ltd. Stoves Burning Wood is an online store for wood burning stoves, multi-fuel stoves, flue, wood pellet grills, smokers and all related accessories in the UK.
Greenflame Installations is a limited Company registered in England under company number 6485497
Registered address: 146 Milton Road, Yate, Bristol, BS37 5ET
Main Trading address: Unit 4B Achnagonalin Industrial Estate, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3TA.
VAT number: 929 0115 37
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0845 474 2274
Postal Address: Unit 4B Achnagonalin Industrial Estate, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3TA.
2.What Does This Notice Cover?
In carrying out our day-to-day activities we process and store personal information relating to our customers and are therefore required to adhere to the requirements of all data protection legislation. This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way
- For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 11.
- Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect?
You can access our website home page and browse our website without disclosing your personal data.
When you make an enquiry with us, go all or part-way through the process of placing an order or request information from us, you will be asked to provide certain information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address so we can process and fulfil your information request or order and notify you of your order status.
We will maintain records of the orders and services you have requested from us and we will also store information about what consents you have given to receive, for example, special offers, news and product updates.
We do not store any credit card details on our systems. Such information is only used to process your payment via credit card processing companies.
Your personal data may also be obtained from the following;
- Entering Competitions
- Signing up for email newsletters
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
We are permitted to use the information we collect about you to:
- Process your order
- Manage your account
- Administer our websites
- Monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of our sites
- To get your feedback
Where you have given consent, we may:
- Send you information such as company news, new products, special offers and events
- Offer you entry to our competitions
We will only send you marketing information by mail or email. If you have placed an order, we may communicate with you by phone and/or text.
You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Your data will be held so long as you wish to receive information about Stoves Burning Wood. If you inform us you no longer want to receive this information and we have no other basis for holding your data.
- Your data will be held whilst you are a customer of Stoves Burning Wood and, thereafter should we need to contact you regarding your heating system. Your information is also held so that we make any warranty claims if needed.
- If you have made an enquiry but not purchased from us then we will hold basic data on your enquiry until such time as you withdraw your permission for us to hold such data.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
- All information we collect about our customers is held on secure servers. In situations where these servers are externally hosted we will only use reputable hosting companies which adhere to security policies and procedures at least as stringent as our own.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. Those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
- Mailchimp, The Rocket Science Group LLC, 975 Ponce de Leon, Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308 (MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework)
Purpose: to provide services such as email newsletters and updates
- Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Purpose: Analytics, The data stored within Google Analytics is not personally identifiable, so storing this information without an expiry does not go against GDPR.
- FaceBook, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland
Purpose: relationship marketing
- Cloudways Ltd. 52 Springvale, Pope Pius XII Street, Mosta MST2653, Malta,
Purpose: Website Host
Information may also be passed to the following suppliers and courier companies. They will only collect, use and disclose to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
BlueBox Same Day Couriers, P4D, MyHermes, Royal Mail, Dansons Ltd
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11. To make this as easy as possible for you, a Subject Access Request Form is available for you to use. You do not have to use this form, but it is the easiest way to tell us everything we need to know to respond to your request as quickly as possible.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within less than one month and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0845 474 2274
Postal Address: Unit 4B Achnagonalin Industrial Estate, Grantown on Spey, PH26 3TA
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.